Since our inception in 1958, we have been using sustainable farming and green practices to create natural, organic and Biodynamic® products.
We believe in providing the best skin care products possible. Our products are proudly free of parabens, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, harmful colorants and fragrances, mineral oils, petroleum, and other harsh cosmetic chemicals.
We continue to use hand-picked fresh ingredients to create products that contain potent healing and beautifying properties. Many of these ingredients are combined with pure waters drawn from a thermal hot spring lake containing minerals and trace elements found nowhere else on earth.
Our products are handmade without any severe heating or hydrogenating processes that can affect the nutritional content and potency of natural ingredients. Vitamins are captured in their all-natural fresh base, offering dramatic results as actual seeds, pulps and peels impart regenerative and healing powers that only nature can produce.
Eminence Organic Skin Care was certified by the non-profit B Lab® to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
We are constantly looking for ways to reduce our carbon footprint. We are proud to use wind energy and solar power energy in the making of our products and we plant a tree for every product sold.
To enhance your wellness naturally through extraordinary products and extraordinary service.
Our promise is to deliver happiness and extraordinary service by providing the healthiest and most effective skin care products. We are committed to protecting the future of our planet through our green practices – We plant a tree for every product sold.
CERTIFIED ORGANIC FARM
Explore our beautiful award-winning heritage landmark farm in Hungary and see where certified organic ingredients grow. For detailed information, please visit eminenceorganicfarm.com.
The mission of the Eminence Certified Organic Farm is to enhance your wellness naturally by growing certified organic ingredients while providing education, healing the earth and honoring our Hungarian roots.
At our certified organic farm, we harness the power of nature based on the harmony of the seasons and the alignment of the earth, the moon and the stars. We harvest plants at the peak of the season to ensure the nutrients remain in their most potent form. The vitamins and nutrients harvested in this vital state give the best possible ingredients for our skin care products.
Through our organic and Biodynamic® farming practices, we gain powerful beautifying ingredients while also healing the earth – not just for our generation, but for future generations to come.
For over 55 years, generations of estheticians in the Koronczay family handcrafted their own skin care products, made from the potent, nutritious fruits, herbs and vegetables grown in the farmlands of Hungary. These organic ingredients are now showcased in a beautiful way at the family-friendly, wheelchair-accessible Eminence Certified Organic Farm where visitors are transported to a simpler, truer way of life.
Experience traditional Hungarian architectural elements including our wood-burning lángos oven, thatch-roof chicken coop, and stunning, hand-carved wooden gates. Our certified organic farm is also a tribute to the hundreds of dedicated, hardworking Hungarians who have been instrumental in growing Eminence Organic Skin Care from our modest beginnings to the celebrated, international brand it is today.
We’re committed to finding organic, Earth-friendly solutions in every aspect of our business. Here are some of the ways we’re doing that.
- Explore the award-winning Eminence Certified Organic Farm and see where certified organic ingredients grow
- Ingredient farms in Hungary are powered by solar and wind energy
- Natural compost during planting
- Planting and harvesting is conducted manually to decrease CO2 emissions
- Use of only natural plant preservation techniques
- Our partners and farms produce natural, organic and Biodynamic® fruits and vegetables
- Products are handmade without severe heating or hydrogenating processes that can affect the nutritional content and potency of natural ingredients
- Vitamins are captured in their all-natural fresh base, and seeds, pulps and peels impart regenerative and healing powers that only nature can produce
- Free of parabens, animal by-products, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, harmful colorants and fragrances, mineral oils, petroleum, and other harsh cosmetic chemicals
- All product boxes are recyclable, made from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified material and printed with eco-friendly inks
- Wherever possible, we use containers made from recyclable plastic
- All packing boxes are reused or recycled
- Packing chips are made of 100% biodegradable corn that dissolves harmlessly in water
- Eco-friendly software system means less printed invoices
- Electricity usage is offset with wind power credits and solar panels on the roof
- Letterhead printed on post-consumer recycled paper using eco-friendly inks
- All paper used in the office is recycled
- Office space is designed as an eco-alternative building
TRANSPORTATION AND DISTRIBUTION
- Courier company uses hybrid vehicles
- Large shipments are sent on trucks running biodiesel made from recycled household vegetable oil
- Products are shipped by air with Lufthansa – the leading airline in the fight against climate change
- 92% of employees walk, bike or take public transit to work
GREEN SPA PROGRAM
- Rewarding spas who are actively engaged in green practices
- Recognized as a green spa on our Spa Locator for customers seeking eco-friendly spas
FORESTS FOR THE FUTURE
- We plant a tree for every product sold through Forests for the Future
- Eminence Organic Skin Care is proud to be a Certified B Corporation®. B Corps are a new type of company that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems.
- B Corp™ certification is to business what Fair Trade certification is to coffee or LEED certification for a building. They meet the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability.
FORESTS FOR THE FUTURE
When you buy Eminence Organic Skin Care, we plant a tree for every product sold.
WE BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF PLANTING TREES
Over 20 Million Trees Planted Worldwide
Through our Forests for the Future initiative, Eminence Organics plants a tree for every retail product sold, allowing us to support communities in developing countries.
Eminence Organics is the first and only skin care company to plant over 20 million trees!
Forests Can Change The Future
Trees help restore the environment, reduce the impact of climate change and create a greener planet for future generations. We’ve planted trees in more than 22 countries around the world. In developing countries, this helps communities grow their own food and build sustainable incomes for their families. Several climate-smart agroforestry practices have been developed to improve crop yields and revitalize soil health, water use efficiency and carbon storage.
In 2016, Eminence Organics received the International Spa Association’s (ISPA) Innovate Award for Philanthropic Initiatives for the Forests for the Future program. The life-changing impact of the Forests for the Future initiative is only possible because of the ongoing support from our dedicated spa partners.
THE IMPACT OF 20 MILLION TREES
Twenty million trees will sequester approximately 1,831,759 tons of CO2 over the next 20 years! Carbon sequestered, or stored, refers to carbon not emitted into the atmosphere. Less carbon in the atmosphere reduces the effect of greenhouse gases and limits the impacts of climate change.
Eminence Organics’ Forests for the Future Program helps train farmers in developing countries on how to build productive and sustainable crops and farms. We plant a tree for every product sold, enabling the development of rural communities, empowering local people to restore their environment, grow their own food and build a sustainable income and future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Eminence Organics is proud to be able to continually contribute to the development of these regions.
We also support Trees for the Future’s Forest Garden Program, a four-year training program which utilizes the Forest Garden Approach. Through this approach, farmers plant thousands of trees and grow a variety of fruits and vegetables that protect and bring nutrients back to the soil. Forest Garden farmers gain increases in income and access to food, even in the first year, all while improving the environment.
By planting specific types of fast-growing trees, fruit trees, hardwoods and food crops in a systematic manner over a four-year period, families can positively change their lives forever. Program participants plant thousands of trees that provide families with sustainable food sources, livestock feed, products to sell, fuelwood and increased income.
This program has achieved specific milestones including:
- 23,375 acres restored! This is the equivalent of 17,708 football fields!
- 4896 forest gardens created
- Over 4000 farmers trained to date – moving approximately 28,500 people out of poverty
- A 400% increase in income for farming families
- A 700% increase in diversified dietary nutrients for impacted families